Our worship today is in-person!
We have Sunday school for children up to grade 6.
On Connections Sunday, we gather in the Fellowship Hall for all together time, followed by small group discussion and prayer. We want to build personal relationship and spiritual growth through more personal interaction.
COVID 19 – Masks are no longer mandatory, however, people may choose to wear them. We want to respect individual preferences. Hand sanitizer is available throughout the building.
Scripture: 1 Corinthians 3:5-9, Mark 4:1-9
Sharing From Our Plenty – During the month of October we will be collecting non-perishable food items for distribution by the Salvation Army to those in need. Please place your donations in the designated area in the lobby. Thank you for caring!
From Connie, the Director of Neighbourhood Engagement: Thank you so much for the warm welcome Steve and I have received, we are grateful to be part of this community! I have been enjoying getting to know folks on Sunday morning and I have had some individual meetings as well. I very much want a chance to chat with each of you so I will be hosting some “Coffee with Connie” gatherings in the fellowship hall over the next few weeks. Options are: Thursday Oct 20, 1-3pm in the Teen Room or Monday Oct 24, 10am to noon in the Fellowship Hall. I would love it if you could drop by, but if these times do not work for you, or you would prefer a one-on-one conversation please let me know, I would be happy to book a time with you, daytime or evening. Call or text at 778-694-2342 or email@example.com
Pray for Pastor Nat Prakesh and the Surrey Free Methodist Church. Nat is being ordained this morning.
The following Care groups will meet this week:
- Tues. 6:30 pm –Care group at Wallis’s home. Video and discussion and sharing. Room for one or two more.
- Wed. 7:00 am–Men’s breakfast at the Church. Devotional and prayer time. Plenty of room.
- Thurs. 1:00 at McLeod’s home. Studying Acts. Room for more people.
- Thurs. 1:00 at the Church. Studying Proverbs. Room for more
- Thurs. 7:00 at Karen Weeks’ home. Studying Max Lucado’s Unspeakable Hope.
Starting October 19th: Men’s breakfast, prayer, and fellowship time at the church. 7:00 am.
Coats For Folks: The Salvation Army is facilitating an annual coat drive called Coats for Folks. Donate your gently used winter coats at Thompson Cleaners Tailors, 945 Columbia St. West #195 between October 16 and 15th and they will clean them up for distribution to those in need of a warm jacket during the winter.
Operation Christmas Child – The mission of this project is to collect shoeboxes filled with fun toys, school supplies, hygiene items and deliver them to children in need around the world to demonstrate God’s love in a tangible way. Collection date for “Operation Christmas Child” shoeboxes is Sunday, November 20, 2022.
Photos needed for website: Over the next few weeks, Krupa will be taking photos on Sundays, for our website. We will be seeking permission on those selected. Also, we will be updating the photos on the photo wall in the hallway.
Pray for FM efforts in and for Ukraine:
- An Irish missionary, Gerry McNamara now serves as regional director of Central and Eastern Europe for FMWM. He also leads the supervision of the ministerial education and guidance process across Europe. Kati, his wife is involved in full-time ministry in Győr where she reaches out to orphans and the very needy for Christ. They both serve through teaching, leadership and hospitality.
- Two colleagues delivered about 2,000 pounds of food and supplies to three locations in Ukraine.
- Continue to pray for our refugee family in Turkey, now waiting for their interview. Pray for encouragement, provision of basic needs, and health.
Like us on Facebook or find sermons on YouTube
(Kamloops Free Methodist Church)
|Lead Pastor: Dr. Shelley Utz|
Administrative Assistant: Victoria Bamgbopa
Office Hours: Tuesdays and Thursdays 9:00am – 2:00pm,
Wednesdays 9:00am – 1:00pm
975 Windbreak St., Kamloops, BC V2B 5P5 / www.kamfm.ca
(250) 376 – 8332 / email: firstname.lastname@example.org